FAQs & T&Cs
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The online auction will close at 8pm on Thursday 4th May.
- Profits from this auction will go to Teenage Cancer Trust and all items sold have been donated. Teenage Cancer Trust is a registered charity: 1062559 (England & Wales), SC039757 (Scotland)
- Please note that many of the items are preloved and therefore do not come in brand-new condition.
- Some auction items have a reserved price, if this reserved price is not met Teenage Cancer Trust have the right and ability to cancel the payment and the auction item will be void.
- All Participants must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay for any item that they bid on. - By bidding, you are stating that you are ready and willing to purchase that item for your bid amount, plus any shipping charges that apply. Shipping charges will be calculated after the auction has been won and will be passed onto the item winner to pay. The calculations shall be based upon item weight, size, and the geographical location of the winner.
- Payment for items and Shipping cost for items won needs to be paid within 7 days. Your winning item won’t be dispatched until this payment has been fully received. Failure to make the full payment will mean that we can offer the item to the next highest bidder.
- If you would prefer to collect your item, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organise once payment for your item has been completed.
- If you are located outside of the United Kingdom, you will be solely responsible for payment of any applicable import and customs duties, taxes, and charges, please ensure you understand and are happy with this before placing a bid.
- Due to the Kings Coronation on 8th May, the earliest items will be posted to winners will be 9th May.
- All items that are provided with measurements are an approximate.
- If we discover that (i) the Participant was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the Participant should have been declared invalid for any other reason whatever (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the second highest bidder.
- We may provide a refund, subject to review and only in the following instance: Where an item is faulty, not as described or not fit for purpose and is returned/queried within 30 days following receipt of delivery.
How do I register?
You sign up when you first buy a ticket, place a bid or make donation, or you can click on Sign Up. You will be asked to enter your email and mobile so that we can contact you with further event updates or if you win an auction item.
Can I edit my profile?
Yes, you can change any of your contact details at any point. Simply click on Your Account and you can then edit your details as well as see all your transactions / activity.
How do I make a bid?
Click on Auction Items, select the item you want to bid on and click PLACE BID. This will take you into that particular item for you to see more information. Enter your desired bid amount and click PLACE BID. If you are not signed in the you will be asked to do so. Credit card information may be required before placing your first bid in order to pre-authorise your payment information.
How do I know if I have been outbid?
Click on Your Account and then you will see which items you have bid on as well as the status of your bid. You will also be sent a text message and email should another guest outbid you.
What do I do if I want to retract a bid?
Please contact the organiser through the Contact Us page.
When does the auction close?
The auction closes at 8pm on Thursday, 4th May 2023.
How do I know if I won an item?
When the auction closes, your credit card will automatically be charged only if you have won an item and/or made a donation. You will then be sent a text and email notification with a confirmation of your payment and item collection information.
You will also receive an email asking you to cover the cost of postage and packing with the costs outlined below. If you haven't paid within seven days of the auction closes we will offer the prize to the next highest bidder - if you are unable to make payment within this time scale please let us know as soon as possible so we can work around it.
Some items have reserve prices on at the request of the donor.
Do the items have provenance?
All items have been donated to Teenage Cancer Trust in order to raise valuable funds. All physical items will be posted with a Certificate of Authenticity and please remember many of these items have been preowned so may be in a loved condition.
When will items be sent out?
Once payment for the item and the postage been received Teenage Cancer Trust will send out items within 28 days (although we will try and get them out much quicker!)
Where possible items will be sent out first class Royal Mail post and charged at the following rates to provide the appropriate level of insurance for your item:
Small parcels weighing up to 1kg (items valued at <£50) £5
Small parcels weighing up to 1kg (items valued at <£1000) £10
Medium parcels weighing up to 1kg (items valued at <£50) £8
Medium parcels weighing up to 1kg (items valued at <£1000) £13
Large and heavy items will be arranged between Teenage Cancer Trust and the winner, as will International delivery.
Due to the Kings Coronation on 8th May, the earliest items will be posted to winners will be 9th May.
How do I make a donation?
Click on Pledge and enter the amount you want to donate and click Next. You will need to be signed in to process your donation. You will be sent a confirmation email to confirm your donation and the transaction will also appear within Your Account too.
Who should I contact if I have further questions?
For questions about auction items or making a donation, please email email@example.com